Have a question about life in the universe? You’ve come to the right place.
Ask an Astrobiologist is a service to answer questions about the science of astrobiology. This includes questions about the origin, evolution, distribution, and future of life in the universe. Sample topics are the search for habitable environments in our Solar System and habitable planets outside our Solar System, the search for evidence of prebiotic chemistry and life on Mars and other bodies in our Solar System, research into the origins and early evolution of life on Earth, and the potential for life to adapt to challenges on Earth and in space.
If you have a question, begin by searching our database of more than 1,000 previous questions and answers. If you can’t find the information there, click Submit a Question and have your question personally answered by an Astrobiologist. If you submit a question that does not follow the line of questioning stated above it will not be answered.
- Has NASA discovered life on other worlds?
- Have aliens visited Earth? Are UFOs real?
- How can I get a job as an astrobiologist at NASA?
- What college courses should I take to become an astrobiologist?
- Astrobiology Career Path Suggestions GUIDELINES
- What types of questions are answered on this site?
- How frequently are questions answered?
- I asked a question but there was no answer?
- Who is the Astrobiologist answering these questions?
- Will I get an email when my question is answered?