- NASA Science Career Path Navigator. This interactive online tool that features five distinct science career tracks and summarizes the common roles across the NASA science workforce.
- Professional Development Webinar Series from the Center for Dark Energy Biosphere Investigations (C-DEBI))
- Video – Poster Presentation Practice & Feedback
- Woolston, C. (2016) Lead the poster parade, Nature 536(115). An eye-catching presentation can attract potential collaborators.
- Mascarelli, A. (2014) The all-important job talk. Nature 513(131). How people present their research and aspirations during interviews for academic positions can make or break their career.
- Lorch, M. (2016) Five top tips for getting your paper noticed. Nature Jobs .Your research breakthrough doesn’t just need to be read by the experts.
Tips & How to's
This interactive online tool that features five distinct science career tracks and summarizes the common roles across the NASA science workforce.
The tool can assist scientists, managers, students, and prospective employees to NASA in their awareness of career opportunities, help plan and navigate careers, and determine training and development needs to better prepare them for different roles.
This proposal writing workshop was held in 2021 by the Network for Ocean Worlds (NOW), a NASA Research Coordination Network (RCN). The workshop includes presentations from the NOW Program Managers and a Q & A discussion. Presenters include:
Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology in the Science Mission Directorate (SMD) at NASA HQ
Laura Lorenzoni, Program Scientist for the Ocean Biology and Biogeochemistry Program (OBB) in SMD at NASA HQ
Thorsten Markus, Program manager for Cryospheric Science at NASA HQ
Dr. Michael New, Deputy Associate Administrator for Research at NASA Headquarters and Astrobiology Discipline Scientist, gives a tutorial on how to write an effective grant proposal.
This tutorial was presented in July of 2014 to the Astrobiology Research Focus Group.
Updated October 5, 2022