Notice: This is an archived and unmaintained page. For current information, please browse astrobiology.nasa.gov
GSFC Summer Student 2010 Presentations
August 12, 2010 11AM PDT
Please join us as this year’s students present the results of their summer’s research.
The 2010 Summer Undergraduate Internship in Astrobiology is a ten-week internship in astrobiology held each year at Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Luca Bell (Eckerd College) “Radiation Stability of Glycine Under Astrophysical Conditions”
- Iva Gerasimenko (Randolph College) “Test for Multiple Impactors in Apollo 17 Impact Melt Rocks”
- Mickey Kopstein (College of William & Mary) “Formation of Organics on Presolar Grains by Fischer-Tropsch Type Reactions”
- Becca Mickol (University of Colorado) “A Sensitive Search for Biomarker Gases on Mars: Vertical Distribution of Polar Ozone Using CHSELL at IRTF”
- Sean Po (Harvard University) “Tracing OH Gas Emission in Protoplanetary Disks Around Bright, Intermediate-Mass Stars (Herbig Ae/Be Stars)”
- Emily Sudholt (University of Missouri) “Water in Comet Lulin: Detection of H2O and OH and a Search for HDO”
GSFC Summer Internship
Each year, summer interns at the NAI’s Goddard Center for Astrobiology present their work. Via collaborative technologies, they are able to present to the entire astrobiology community—adding an important dimension to their educational experience.
Other Seminars in this Series