NAI Cooperative Agreement Notice: Cycle 7May 6, 2014
Proposal submissions for CAN Cycle 7 are closed. NASA received 56 Step-1 proposals, they were reviewed and all proposers were notified on December 20, 2013 of which category they fell into. Of the 56, 38 were “encouraged” and 18 were “discouraged.” Click here for links to all the CAN 7 official documentation.
Solicitation Number: NNH13ZDA017C
Pre-proposal Conference: September 30 at 11am PDT
Step 1 Proposal closed: November 18, 2013
Step 2 Proposals closed: April 30, 2014
On September 23, 2013 The NASA Science Mission Directorate released a Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) soliciting team-based proposals for membership in the NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI). The CAN-7 document can be downloaded from the NSPIRES web page.
The goal of CAN Cycle 7 is to maintain a multidisciplinary institute by selecting focused, interdisciplinary teams that complement without replicating the strengths of the continuing teams. The teams selected in Cycle 7 will replace the teams selected in Cycle 5, whose five-year Cooperative Agreements have expired.
Unlike previous CANs for the NAI, Cycle 7 required a brief Step-1 proposal to be submitted six weeks after the release of the CAN. Based on a programmatic review of these Step-1 proposals, proposers were encouraged to or discouraged from submitting a full proposal. Other changes to previous solicitations are described in sections 1.7 Open Access to Research Materials and Results and 4.6 Education and Public Outreach (E/PO).
Issuance of this CAN is dependent on programmatic factors, including NASA receiving an appropriation and operating plan containing adequate funding within the NASA Planetary Science Division budget. Any costs incurred by prospective investigators in preparing submissions in response to this CAN were incurred completely at the submitter’s own risk.
A pre-proposal conference was held on September 30, at 11 AM PDT (2 PM EDT) to provide interested parties with the opportunity to better understand the intent, scope, and selection criteria of this CAN. The recorded video and presentation charts from this briefing are available at the NSPIRES website on which this CAN is posted.
- August 1 - Postdoctoral Teaching Associate in Mineralogy - University of Tennesee
- August 1 - Application Deadline for Ten Postdoctoral Fellowships in Interdisciplinary Research Relating to Origins of Life
- August 1 - Application Deadline for Reconceptualizing the Origin of Life: Experimental, Interdisciplinary, and Computational Windows on the Core Concepts - Conference
- August 5 - Direct Imaging of Habitable Exoplanets (Session P003) Abstract Submission Deadline for American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting
- August 5 - Abstract Submission Deadline for American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting
- August 11 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Geological Society of America (GSA) 2015 Annual Meeting
- August 11 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Lunar Exploration Analysis Group (LEAG) Meeting
- August 15 - Registration Deadline for The Outer Planets Assessment Group (OPAG) Meeting
- August 20 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Astrobiology and Planetary Atmospheres 2015
- August 21 - Summer School at Moletai Observatory: "Formation and Evolution of Planetary Systems and Habitable Planets"
- August 24 - Berkner Autumn Program 2015
- September 2 - NRC Committee on Achieving Science Goals with CubeSats Symposium
- September 6 - Registration Deadline for Astrobiology and Planetary Atmospheres 2015
- NAI 2013 Annual Science Report