ROSES-19 Amendment 8: Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR)May 13, 2019 / Posted by: Yael Kovo
Image credit: NSPIRES
ROSES-19 Amendment 8: This amendment releases a new TBD program element in C.23 Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research
The Planetary Science Division intends to solicit Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR) to support the goal of the NASA’s Astrobiology program in the study of the origins, evolution, and distribution of life in the universe. It is anticipated that research areas in this cycle will include: prebiotic chemistry and early Earth environments, early life and increasing complexity, and the habitability and biosignatures on exoplanets. PIs selected as a result of proposals to this program element will become members of the newly established Astrobiology Program Research Coordination Networks that are relevant to their selected research.
The Planetary Science Division intends to solicit ICAR proposals every other year, either as a program element in ROSES-2019 or as a separate Cooperative Agreement Notice. Either way, it is expected that the final text will be released in NSPIRES no fewer than 90 days prior to the full or Step-2 proposal due date.
This Amendment to the NASA Research Announcement “Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) 2019” (NNH19ZDA001N) is posted on the NASA research opportunity homepage at http://solicitation.nasaprs.com/ROSES2019 and appears on the RSS feed at: https://science.nasa.gov/researchers/sara/grant-solicitations/roses-2019/
The point of contact for this program element is Mary Voytek.
- The NASA Astrobiology Institute Concludes Its 20-year Tenure
- Global Geomorphologic Map of Titan
- Molecular Cousins Discovered on Titan
- Interdisciplinary Consortia for Astrobiology Research (ICAR)
- The NASA Astrobiology Science Forum Talks Now on YouTube
- The NASA Astrobiology Science Forum: The Origin, Evolution, Distribution and Future of Astrobiology
- Alternative Earths
- Drilling for Rock-Powered Life
- Imagining a Living Universe
- Workshops Without Walls: Astrovirology