The Laboratoire de Planetologie et Geodynamique organises the second GeoPlaNet thematic school on Fluid-Rock Interactions in the Solar System. The event will take place in Nantes (France) from this November 12th to 16th, 2018.
This school in Planetary Geosciences will present to participants various techniques for observing, analysing, experimenting and modelling the compositional and morphological aspects of fluid-rock interactions in rocky and icy bodies of all sizes of the Solar System.
The school will include lectures and practicals, as well as poster presentations by attendees. It will be organised along two themes:
1) Fluid-rock interactions on planetary surfaces
- Fluid-related rock deformation, rock weathering, sedimentation, hydrothermalism
- Spectroscopy of rocks and minerals, field excursion, experimental modelling, laboratory analyses
2) Fluid-rock interactions in planetary interiors
- Icy ocean worlds, mantle dynamics, volatile cycle, metasomatism, deep magmatic source
- Petrology, geochemistry, geophysics, laboratory analyses, experimentation, numerical modelling
This high-level training program is open to 80 international Master students, PhD students and young researchers with a background in geosciences and/or in planetary science.
For more information, visit: https://lpg-umr6112.fr/TS-GeoPlaNet