Opportunities for Research on Zero-G and Suborbital Reusable Launch Vehicles
The deadline is approaching for flight opportunities (including microgravity research) available on the Zero-G parabolic aircraft and on suborbital reusable launch vehicles (sRLVs) through the NASA OCT Flight Opportunities Program. Commercial sRLV vendors include Virgin Galactic, Masten Space Systems, XCOR Aerospace, UP Aerospace, Armadillo Aerospace, Whittinghill Aerospace, and Near Space Corporation. For technology maturation proposals, the deadline is September 21.
Both science and technology maturation proposals may apply for flight opportunities, but should utilize different processes. Pure science proposals should apply through the SMD ROSES call .
Technology maturation proposals should apply through the Announcement of Flight Opportunities. Once again, proposals for the current cycle are due September 21. Information on how to submit a proposal can be found here: https://flightopportunities.nasa.gov/afo , more information on the program can be found here: https://flightopportunities.nasa.gov , and questions can be addressed to Richard Mains at: mailto:email@example.com
- NAI Scientist Appointed Early Career Chair
- Free Oxygen in the Late Archean
- Call for Letters of Application for Membership on NASA’s Science Definition Team for Ice Giants Mission Studies
- A New Model for Homochirality
- NAI Director's Seminar Series: Ironing Out Life in the Universe
- Aerosol Formation on Titan
- NASA Mission Reveals Speed of Solar Wind Stripping Martian Atmosphere
- Cassini Plunged Into Icy Plumes of Enceladus
- Calibrating a Mass Spec for Studying Chemical Evolution
- FameLab USA: Semi-Final in San Francisco