Opportunities for Research on Zero-G and Suborbital Reusable Launch Vehicles
Representation of a parabolic flight performed by the modified Boeing 727, G-FORCE ONE. Credit: Zero G Corp
The deadline is approaching for flight opportunities (including microgravity research) available on the Zero-G parabolic aircraft and on suborbital reusable launch vehicles (sRLVs) through the NASA OCT Flight Opportunities Program. Commercial sRLV vendors include Virgin Galactic, Masten Space Systems, XCOR Aerospace, UP Aerospace, Armadillo Aerospace, Whittinghill Aerospace, and Near Space Corporation. For technology maturation proposals, the deadline is September 21.
Both science and technology maturation proposals may apply for flight opportunities, but should utilize different processes. Pure science proposals should apply through the SMD ROSES call .
Technology maturation proposals should apply through the Announcement of Flight Opportunities. Once again, proposals for the current cycle are due September 21. Information on how to submit a proposal can be found here: https://flightopportunities.nasa.gov/afo , more information on the program can be found here: https://flightopportunities.nasa.gov , and questions can be addressed to Richard Mains at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Big Picture Science Radio Show
- Charting the Chemical Universe of Amino Acid Structure
- The Formation of Complex Organic Molecules in Star-Forming Regions
- New Technique to Date Ancient Zircons
- Clues to the Early Solar System in Carbon Fractionation
- Astrobiology Math
- NASA's Kepler Mission Announces a Planet Bonanza, 715 New Worlds
- Microbes, How Low Can You Go?
- Searching for Life: What Does It Mean for Humanity?
- Meet a Rover Driver!