Explorer, Nobel Laureate, AstrobiologistOctober 18, 2011 / Posted by: Daniella Scalice
On September 20th, NAI Director Carl Pilcher delivered a colloquium to the NASA Ames community about NAI Founding Director Barry Blumberg. Focusing on his early career, his path to discovering the Hepatitis B virus and developing a vaccine, and ultimately his winning of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, Carl discusses how Barry’s medical career shaped his perspectives on astrobiology and his actions as NAI Director.
- Could ‘Green Rust’ Be a Catalyst for Martian Life?
- The Order of Genes
- Carotenoids Through Time
- Amino Acids in Chondrites
- Calculating the Conductance of Ion Channels
- Diversity and Distribution Around Hydrothermal Vents
- Prebiotic Glycerol in Interstallar Ice
- Is There Methane on Mars? III: Revenge of the Cows
- Astrobiology Researcher Awarded Paleontological Society Medal
- Astrobiology at the Cartoon Art Museum