Explorer, Nobel Laureate, AstrobiologistOctober 18, 2011 / Posted by: Daniella Scalice
On September 20th, NAI Director Carl Pilcher delivered a colloquium to the NASA Ames community about NAI Founding Director Barry Blumberg. Focusing on his early career, his path to discovering the Hepatitis B virus and developing a vaccine, and ultimately his winning of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, Carl discusses how Barry’s medical career shaped his perspectives on astrobiology and his actions as NAI Director.
- Students Inspired by Scientists at MSU Summer Research Program
- How Much Contamination Is Okay on Mars 2020 Rover?
- New NASA Spaceward Bound Destination: Ladakh, India
- NAI Scientists Receive Awards and Distinctions
- ‘Snowball Earth’ Might Be Slushy
- NAI Welcomes New International Partner, the Japan AstroBiology Consortium (JABC)
- 2014 Annual Science Report
- ‘Bathtub Rings’ Suggest Titan’s Dynamic Seas
- NASA's LADEE Spacecraft Finds Neon in Lunar Atmosphere
- Nathalie Cabrol to Lead Carl Sagan Center at SETI Institute