Explorer, Nobel Laureate, AstrobiologistOctober 18, 2011 / Posted by: Daniella Scalice
On September 20th, NAI Director Carl Pilcher delivered a colloquium to the NASA Ames community about NAI Founding Director Barry Blumberg. Focusing on his early career, his path to discovering the Hepatitis B virus and developing a vaccine, and ultimately his winning of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, Carl discusses how Barry’s medical career shaped his perspectives on astrobiology and his actions as NAI Director.
- Big Picture Science Radio Show
- Charting the Chemical Universe of Amino Acid Structure
- The Formation of Complex Organic Molecules in Star-Forming Regions
- New Technique to Date Ancient Zircons
- Clues to the Early Solar System in Carbon Fractionation
- Astrobiology Math
- NASA's Kepler Mission Announces a Planet Bonanza, 715 New Worlds
- Microbes, How Low Can You Go?
- Searching for Life: What Does It Mean for Humanity?
- Meet a Rover Driver!