NAI Cooperative Agreement Notice: Cycle 7May 6, 2014
Proposal submissions for CAN Cycle 7 are closed. NASA received 56 Step-1 proposals, they were reviewed and all proposers were notified on December 20, 2013 of which category they fell into. Of the 56, 38 were “encouraged” and 18 were “discouraged.” Click here for links to all the CAN 7 official documentation.
Solicitation Number: NNH13ZDA017C
Pre-proposal Conference: September 30 at 11am PDT
Step 1 Proposal closed: November 18, 2013
Step 2 Proposals closed: April 30, 2014
On September 23, 2013 The NASA Science Mission Directorate released a Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) soliciting team-based proposals for membership in the NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI). The CAN-7 document can be downloaded from the NSPIRES web page.
The goal of CAN Cycle 7 is to maintain a multidisciplinary institute by selecting focused, interdisciplinary teams that complement without replicating the strengths of the continuing teams. The teams selected in Cycle 7 will replace the teams selected in Cycle 5, whose five-year Cooperative Agreements have expired.
Unlike previous CANs for the NAI, Cycle 7 required a brief Step-1 proposal to be submitted six weeks after the release of the CAN. Based on a programmatic review of these Step-1 proposals, proposers were encouraged to or discouraged from submitting a full proposal. Other changes to previous solicitations are described in sections 1.7 Open Access to Research Materials and Results and 4.6 Education and Public Outreach (E/PO).
Issuance of this CAN is dependent on programmatic factors, including NASA receiving an appropriation and operating plan containing adequate funding within the NASA Planetary Science Division budget. Any costs incurred by prospective investigators in preparing submissions in response to this CAN were incurred completely at the submitter’s own risk.
A pre-proposal conference was held on September 30, at 11 AM PDT (2 PM EDT) to provide interested parties with the opportunity to better understand the intent, scope, and selection criteria of this CAN. The recorded video and presentation charts from this briefing are available at the NSPIRES website on which this CAN is posted.
- July 25 - Abstract Submission Deadline for 5th Planetary Crater Consortium Meeting
- July 25 - Step-1 proposals are due for ROSES-14 Amendment 2: Final text for C.14, PSTAR
- July 27 - Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2014
- July 29 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Geological Society of America Annual Meeting
- August 6 - Abstract Submission Deadline for AGU special session "Icy World Eruptions and Their Analogues"
- August 6 - Abstract submission deadline for AGU special session “Enceladus: A Habitable World”
- August 6 - Abstract Submission Deadline for AGU session "Looking for Life"
- August 15 - Abstract Submission Deadline for EANA 2014 – 14th European Astrobiology Conference
- August 19 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Workshop on Volatiles in the Martian Interior
- August 25 - Abstract Submission Deadline for 2nd International Workshop on 'Instrumentation for Planetary Missions' (IPM-2014)
- August 31 - Abstract Submission Deadline for Extremophiles 2014
- September 5 - Proposal Deadline for ROSES-14 Amendment 8: Change in due dates for C.15, PPR
- NAI 2013 Annual Science Report
- NAI CAN7