NAI Cooperative Agreement Notice: Cycle 7May 6, 2014
Proposal submissions for CAN Cycle 7 are closed. NASA received 56 Step-1 proposals, they were reviewed and all proposers were notified on December 20, 2013 of which category they fell into. Of the 56, 38 were “encouraged” and 18 were “discouraged.” Click here for links to all the CAN 7 official documentation.
Solicitation Number: NNH13ZDA017C
Pre-proposal Conference: September 30 at 11am PDT
Step 1 Proposal closed: November 18, 2013
Step 2 Proposals closed: April 30, 2014
On September 23, 2013 The NASA Science Mission Directorate released a Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) soliciting team-based proposals for membership in the NASA Astrobiology Institute (NAI). The CAN-7 document can be downloaded from the NSPIRES web page.
The goal of CAN Cycle 7 is to maintain a multidisciplinary institute by selecting focused, interdisciplinary teams that complement without replicating the strengths of the continuing teams. The teams selected in Cycle 7 will replace the teams selected in Cycle 5, whose five-year Cooperative Agreements have expired.
Unlike previous CANs for the NAI, Cycle 7 required a brief Step-1 proposal to be submitted six weeks after the release of the CAN. Based on a programmatic review of these Step-1 proposals, proposers were encouraged to or discouraged from submitting a full proposal. Other changes to previous solicitations are described in sections 1.7 Open Access to Research Materials and Results and 4.6 Education and Public Outreach (E/PO).
Issuance of this CAN is dependent on programmatic factors, including NASA receiving an appropriation and operating plan containing adequate funding within the NASA Planetary Science Division budget. Any costs incurred by prospective investigators in preparing submissions in response to this CAN were incurred completely at the submitter’s own risk.
A pre-proposal conference was held on September 30, at 11 AM PDT (2 PM EDT) to provide interested parties with the opportunity to better understand the intent, scope, and selection criteria of this CAN. The recorded video and presentation charts from this briefing are available at the NSPIRES website on which this CAN is posted.
- September 5 - Proposal Deadline for ROSES-14 Amendment 8: Change in due dates for C.15, PPR
- September 8 - 77th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society
- September 12 - Application Deadline for Simons Collaboration on the Origins of Life Investigator and Postdoctoral Fellowship
- September 15 - Step-1 Proposal Deadline for ROSES-14 Amendment 4: Eligible TRLs changed for C.12, PICASSO
- September 15 - Proposal deadline for the Marion Milligan Mason Award for Women in the Chemical Sciences
- September 17 - Step-2 proposal deadline for ROSES-14 Amendment 2: Final text for C.14, PSTAR
- September 18 - Symposium on Astrobiology and Society: Discovering Life Beyond Earth
- September 24 - Summer Course on Exoplanets
- September 30 - Abstract Submission Deadline: for Hayabusa 2014: 2nd Symposium of Solar System Materials
- October 1 - Application Deadline for ESA Postdoctoral Fellowships in Space Science
- October 13 - Moscow International Solar System Symposium (5M-S3)
- NAI 2013 Annual Science Report
- NAI CAN7