Properties of PAH’sJanuary 30, 2014 / Posted by: Daniella ScaliceNGC 7023: The Iris Nebula, Image Credit & Copyright: Jim Misti (acquisition), Robert Gendler (processing)
Astrobiologists at NASA Ames Research Center funded by the NASA Astrobiology Institute have recently published a study on the analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, or PAH’s, in the Iris Nebula. Their analyses of individual PAH spectra have allowed them to see how different types of PAH’s map to different areas of the nebula, and also how PAH behavior changes with respect to changes in the local environment.
Source: [The Astrophysical Journal]
- How Did Life on Earth Begin?
- MAVEN Mars Orbit Insertion Briefing
- Follow AbGradE 2014 Live on SAGANet!
- In the Zone. The Venus Zone: Seeking the Twin of Our Twin Among the Stars
- Simulated Atmospheres of Alien Worlds
- The Hypatia Catalogue
- Astrobiology and Theology
- Update From Mars: Curiosity in the Clouds
- Call for Session Topics and Organizers for AbSciCon 2015
- Habitability of Icy Worlds Workshop