Astrobiologist Receives Paleontological Society MedalJanuary 3, 2013 / Posted by: Daniella Scalice
Please join the NASA Astrobiology Program in congratulating Bill Schopf on receiving the Paleontological Society Medal, the most prestigious honor bestowed by the Paleontological Society. He received the honor on November 4, 2012, at the Geological Society of America’s annual meeting. A member of the NAI for over ten years, Schopf is Professor of Paleobiology in the Department of Earth and Space Sciences at UCLA, and the author of Cradle of Life: The Discovery of Earth’s Earliest Fossils.
- How Did Life on Earth Begin?
- MAVEN Mars Orbit Insertion Briefing
- Follow AbGradE 2014 Live on SAGANet!
- In the Zone. The Venus Zone: Seeking the Twin of Our Twin Among the Stars
- Simulated Atmospheres of Alien Worlds
- The Hypatia Catalogue
- Astrobiology and Theology
- Update From Mars: Curiosity in the Clouds
- Call for Session Topics and Organizers for AbSciCon 2015
- Habitability of Icy Worlds Workshop