Curious About Life: Interview With Roger Summons
In this interview, Roger Summons explains how the Curiosity rover’s Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM) instrument is geared to detect organic matter on Mars, and even figure out where it came from. Roger Summons is a geobiologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and member of the SAM team. His research focuses on the preservation and characteristics of organic matter in rocks, and is helping astrobiologists understand how organic matter can carry information about the organisms that formed it.
- How Can We Search for Life on Icy Moons?
- Proof-Of-Concept in an RNA World
- A Spark in Rapidly Freezing Saltwater
- Touchdown on a Comet
- Preparing for Alien Life
- Life Can Survive on Much Less Water Than You Might Think
- Lack of Oxygen Delayed the Rise of Animals on Earth
- In Memoriam: Katrina Edwards
- Mars 2020 Will Continue Search for Habitability
- Titan Glowing at Dusk and Dawn