Curious About Life: Interview With Roger Summons
In this interview, Roger Summons explains how the Curiosity rover’s Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM) instrument is geared to detect organic matter on Mars, and even figure out where it came from. Roger Summons is a geobiologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and member of the SAM team. His research focuses on the preservation and characteristics of organic matter in rocks, and is helping astrobiologists understand how organic matter can carry information about the organisms that formed it.
- How Did Life on Earth Begin?
- MAVEN Mars Orbit Insertion Briefing
- Follow AbGradE 2014 Live on SAGANet!
- In the Zone. The Venus Zone: Seeking the Twin of Our Twin Among the Stars
- Simulated Atmospheres of Alien Worlds
- The Hypatia Catalogue
- Astrobiology and Theology
- Update From Mars: Curiosity in the Clouds
- Call for Session Topics and Organizers for AbSciCon 2015
- Habitability of Icy Worlds Workshop