Application Deadline Extension – Library of Congress Astrobiology ChairNovember 29, 2012 / Posted by: Julie Fletcher
Application Deadline Extension to: Dec. 17, 2012
Applications and nominations must be postmarked by Monday, Dec. 17, 2012. Guidelines and forms are available online.
Established in the Fall of 2011, the Blumberg Astrobiology Chair is a distinguished senior position at the Library’s Kluge Center. The incumbent conducts research at the intersection between the science of astrobiology and its humanistic aspects, particularly its societal implications, using the collections and services of the Library. The incumbent is expected to be in residence at the Kluge Center for a period of up to 12 months. The stipend is $13,500 per month. This is an appointment made by the Librarian of Congress on the recommendation of a selection committee, which considers both applications and nominations. Here are the Library’s original announcement and selection of the chair.
The incumbent is also expected to give at least one public presentation in the Washington, D.C. area and to organize workshops, symposia, small conferences or other activities that engage the broader academic community and the public.
- MAVEN Mars Orbit Insertion Briefing
- Follow AbGradE 2014 Live on SAGANet!
- In the Zone. The Venus Zone: Seeking the Twin of Our Twin Among the Stars
- Simulated Atmospheres of Alien Worlds
- The Hypatia Catalogue
- Astrobiology and Theology
- Update From Mars: Curiosity in the Clouds
- Call for Session Topics and Organizers for AbSciCon 2015
- Habitability of Icy Worlds Workshop
- Modeling Sulfur in the Archean Atmosphere